Followers

Saturday 10 June 2017

How To Decorate An ATB With Romantic Summer Collection


Hi all

I have made up an ATB using the Romantic Summer Decoupage pad available at Cherish the Memory. An ATB is an Artist Trading block also known as a chunky. It is basically a block that can be decorated on all sides or with one side open like a shrine.


I painted each piece in gesso first so that the paint wouldn't soak into the mdf. Then i coated it with DecoArt Texture sand paste before painting over with acrylic paint.


I dyed some cheese cloth with Tattered Angels glimmer mist and adhered it to the ATB, I then popped out the pieces from the card kit and glued them into place. I added shells and flowers to create more dimension,


For the top of the block i used a stencil and painted over it with Metallic Lustre. Then i placed down the die-cuts and embellishments. I filled a small bottle with seed beads and mini shells before gluing it to the top.



I used one of the backgrounds from the card kit and added the die-cuts. I then decorated it with shells and flowers.




Suggested products

17 comments:

Kathy said...

Katie, this is just such a lovely little project - I love the colours and all the sweet little seaside elements

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are fantastic and gorgeous projects Katie
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Katie this is a wonderful project. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Andree said...

A fabulous project Katie. Gorgeous colours and wonderful elements xx

Katie said...

Thank you Kathy

Katie said...

Thank you Karin

Katie said...

Thank you Jackie

Katie said...

Thank you Andree

Emma Goddard said...

Wow, stunning as always Katie xx

Jan said...

What a fab card xx Jan

Katie said...

Thank you Emma

Katie said...

Thank you Jan

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such lovely embellishments on this project today

Katie said...

Thank you Holley

Nancy said...

Another very cool project! I was going to ask what an ATB was! lol Thanks for telling me. I'm familiar with the Artist Trading Blocks...just not the abreviation! ;o)

Katie said...

Thank you Nancy.
There are a few names for them including chunkies.

Juliz Design Post said...

Gorgeous project Katie with great details.
Julie x